GATE 2019 : Registration, Application Form, Exam Date and Last Date
GATE 2019 Application Process has been started. Yes, you heard it right. And the exam will be held on 2nd, 3rd, 9th, and 10th February 2019. The online application form for GATE 2019 was released by IIT Madras on 31st August. If you are still thinking when should I start my preparation for GATE exam, then Now is the right time.
To know more about GATE 2019 Application Process, Important Dates or Eligibility criteria, read till the end.
What is GATE Exam?
GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering. It is a competitive exam which helps in getting admission into post graduation courses like M.Tech, Ph.D. or secure jobs into PSUs. It basically aims at testing the understanding of various undergraduate subjects in Engineering. GATE is jointly conducted by 7 IITs and Indian Institute of Science.
GATE 2019 Eligibility Criteria?
Before filling out any form you should always check whether you are eligible or not forgiving that exam.
So here is GATE 2019 Eligibility Criteria.
- Indian candidates can apply.
- Foreign National candidates holding citizenship of any of these places: Singapore, UAE, Sri Lanka, Nepal, Bangladesh or Ethiopia.
Education Qualification :
If you have completed your Bachelor’s degree from Government Recognised University then only you can appear for GATE 2019 Exam.
Also, you should satisfy any of the following conditions:
- B.E./B.Tech/B.Pharm: You should be a Bachelor’s Degree holder in Engineering (4 years after 10+2 or 3 years after B.Sc./Diploma in Engineering /Technology) and should be in the final year or has already completed it.
- B.Arch. : You should be a Bachelor’s Degree holder of Architecture which is a 5-year course and should be in the final year or has already completed it.
- B. Sc /B. S: You should be a Bachelor’s Degree holder in Science (Post-Diploma/4 years after 10+2) and should be in the final year or has already completed it.
- Pharm.D.: Qualifying degree should be of Pharm.D. which is a 6 year program consisting of internship during the 6th year and you should be in the 4th, 5th or 6th year or has already completed it.
- M.Sc./M.A./MCA: You should have Master’s degree in any branch of Science/Maths/Statistics/Computer Applications and should be currently in the final year or has already completed it.
- Integrated M.E./M.Tech: Its a 4-year Post-B.Sc Integrated Master’s degree program in Engineering or Technology. You should be currently in 2nd, 3rd or 4th year or have already completed it.
- Integrated M.E./ M.Tech. or Dual Degree (after Diploma or 10+2) : It is a 5-year Integrated Master’s degree or Dual Degree program in Engineering or Technology. You should be currently in the 4th/5th year or have already completed it.
- Integrated M.Sc./ Integrated B.S.-M.S.: It is Integrated M.Sc. or 5 years integrated B.S.-M.S. program. You should be currently in the final year or have already completed it.
- Professional Society Examinations: It is equivalent to B.E./B.Tech./B.Arch. exam of Professional Societies, recognized by MHRD/UPSC/AICTE and you should have completed Section A.
Age Limit :
- For students who are applying for GATE 2019, no maximum or minimum age limit is prescribed.
GATE 2019 Important Dates
|1.||Launch Date of GATE 2019 Application Form||31st Aug 2018|
|2.||GATE 2019 Registration Date||1st September 2018|
|3.||Last Date to Apply for GATE 2019 Exam||21st September 2018|
|4.||Last Date to Apply for GATE 2019 with Late Fee (Extended Date)||1st October 2018|
|5.||Request for change in examination city with extra fees||16th November 2018|
|6.||Availability of Admit Card for GATE 2019||4th January 2019|
|7.||GATE 2019 Exam Dates||2nd, 3rd, 9th and 10th Feb 2019|
|8.||GATE 2019 Result Declaration||16th March 2019|
Application Fee for GATE 2019
Points to remember:
- Mode of payment is online.
- The fee is non-refundable and non-transferable.
The Application fee for GATE 2019 is mentioned below.
Fee for Candidates with Indian Nationality
|Female Candidates/SC/ST/PWD||INR 750|
|Other Categories||INR 1500|
|Late Fee||INR 500|
Fee for Candidates with Foreign Nationality
|Addis Ababa, Colombo, Dhaka and Kathmandu||US $50|
|Dubai and Singapore||US $100|
|Late Fee||US $ 20|
What’s new about GATE 2019?
A new paper – Statistics (ST) has been added in GATE 2019.
Checklist Before Filling GATE 2019 Application form
- You can apply for GATE 2019 Exam via online mode only.
- Scanned photograph and signature will be required at the time for form submission.
- You will require net banking/credit card or debit card details at the time of payment.
- You will have to choose 3 exam cities.
- Get ready with a valid copy of identity proof.
- If you have completed your graduation then you have to submit degree certificate or provisional certificate.
- If you are in your final year then you need to upload a copy of mark sheet of 5th or 6th or 7th semester.
- You need to upload your caste or Disability certificate(if applicable).
Haven’t started preparing for GATE 2019? Then kick start your GATE Preparation now by creating your own customized Study Plan.
How to fill GATE 2019 Application form?
If you are GATE 2019 Aspirant then in order to be registered successfully for the examination you need to follow these steps.
2) Fill in the required details and submit them.
3) Now you will receive an Enrolment ID through email or SMS.
4) Now Login using this Enrolment ID and Password.
5) Then fill in the exam details like: Exam Paper, Exam Country, and 3 Exam Cities
6) Next, you have to fill in the personal details.
7) Now provide Qualifying Degree Details.
8) Next you have to upload all the applicable documents.
9) Save and view the application.
10) Verify the details. If the details are right then go ahead but if the details are incorrect then correct them.
11) Now submit the details and move on to payment.
12) There are various payment options like Credit card, UPI, debit card or net banking.
13) Last step is to download the application form and print it for future reference.
Also get to know How to attempt GATE Exam.
How to Check GATE 2019 Application Status
Once you fill in the details, the authorities will be checking your details to check if the data submitted by you is correct or not. If any of the submitted detail is wrong then you will be notified regarding the same via mail or SMS and you have to correct the information within the allotted time period.