#MyGATEStory #21 – Minesh Maheshwari (AIR 28 in GATE 2018 CE)
Today we are here with the story of GATE Topper – Minesh Maheshwari who got AIR 28 in GATE 2018 (Civil). Lets discuss his struggles in detail and what was his preparation strategy for GATE exam.
Hi Friends, without wasting much of your time, lets start with #MyGATEJourney
I completed my B.E. in Civil Engineering from SGSITS Indore in 2013. GATE 2018 was my third serious attempt towards GATE exam.
I appeared for GATE in 2013 (Civil Engineering) also and secured AIR 570 at that time. With that rank, I joined M.Tech. Structural Engineering at NIT Trichy.
In 2014, I again appeared for GATE (Civil Engineering) and secured AIR 302. The rank was not good enough to get PSU. Hence, I decided to join M.Tech. Structural Engineering at IIT Guwahati.
In 2016, I got placed at L&T Construction in campus recruitment. The job at L&T was also good, but my dream for PSU was still unfulfilled. So, after working for six months in L&T, I decided to quit and join weekend batch (2017-18) at MadeEasy Delhi so that I can improve myself.
Initially, it was very tough for me to concentrate on studies after the long gap of 6-7 months. I appeared for many exams like CIL, IRCON, BEL, BARC, & ISRO. I was not selected in any of these exams, which further demotivated me. But, then I always had one thing in my mind that I have left a decent job for this only, so now there is no looking back.
Tips and Tricks to Crack GATE Exam.
Coming to GATE exam, it is all about your numerical solving ability. If you are good at it, you will make it.
1) Keep revising the concepts and formulae of each and every subject, whenever you get time.
2) Make proper short notes which you can revise before the exam.
3) As practice makes one perfect, so keep practicing as many questions (previous year and online test series) as possible. Online test series is a must as it gives you a good idea of your preparation.
4) Keep a record of your mistakes, as GATE exam is all about the maximum attempts and minimum mistakes.
5) Pay special attention to unit conversions, because maximum chances of error is there. You can also try group discussion with your friends on every subject.
6) Make use of GATE Online Calculator so that you get well acquainted with it till the exam.
Make some time for your hobbies as it helps you to be refreshed and increases the concentration. Have patience and stay motivated. Don’t compare yourself with others, just try to improve yourself. Comparison leads to unnecessary pressure.
Last but not the least, don’t just blindly follow the schedule of last year toppers. It is not necessary that the schedule which worked for someone else will work for you too. Make your own schedule and work accordingly.
This was my preparation strategy to get AIR 28 in GATE Exam. Do let me know in the comment section below if you have any doubt.
Keep Studying…All the best…!!!