Braghadeesh L (AIR 94 in GATE 2018 ECE) – Preparation Strategy
I had enrolled in test series and started giving tests seriously. I wasn’t scoring well but I didn’t get demotivated. I made sure that such mistakes should never happen in future. Also, I noted down the important concepts that I came across while taking tests and maintained a separate note for that. I kept revising those important concepts. During the month of December, I was under depression and this affected my preparation. Somehow I managed to come out of it. In the month of Jan 2018, I started taking full-length tests to see where I stand. In almost all full-length mock I was able to score 55 on an average out of 100. This gave me enough confidence. Finally, I was able to do well in GATE 2018 and secured AIR of 94 in EC.
Important points to keep in mind:
- Never get demotivated at any point in time. There is always enough time to learn the mistakes that you do.
- Take test series on a serious note and never bother about the marks. Make sure that you are noting down the mistakes and see how to avoid those
- Solve previous year questions and that will give you a clear picture of how the questions are being asked
- Always aim for 100% in the exam. You cant rely on previous year cut off and appear for the exam. If the questions are difficult you will get to know that if you have sufficient practice. This year EE paper had a surprise and much deviation in marks vs rank. So always try to keep your aims high.
- Solve enough questions once you finish a particular concept. Never finish the syllabus in one go and then start solving the questions. Both learning and solving should go parallel
I thank Kreatryx for giving me an opportunity to share my experience and also I would like to thank Kreatryx for Krash and K-Test. Both Krash and K-Test helped me a lot during my course of preparation.