Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC) Recruitment through GATE 2018
Maharatna ONGC is the largest producer of crude oil and natural gas in India, contributing around 70 percent of Indian domestic production. The crude oil is the raw material used by downstream companies like IOC, BPCL, and HPCL to produce petroleum products like Petrol, Diesel, Kerosene, Naphtha, and Cooking Gas-LPG.
ONGC is India’s Top Energy Company and ranks 20th among global energy majors (Plants). ONGC ranks 14th in ‘Oil and Gas operations’ and 220th overall in Forbes Global 2000. Acclaimed for its Corporate Governance practices, Transparency International has ranked ONGC 26th among the biggest publicly traded global giants.
It is one of the most valued public enterprises in India, and one of the highest profit-making and dividend-paying. ONGC has a unique distinction of being a company with in-house service capabilities in all areas of Exploration and Production of oil & gas and related oil-field services. Winner of the Best Employer award, a dedicated team of over 33,927 professionals toils round the clock in challenging locations.
The Engineering & Geo-Sciences posts through GATE-2018 were notified vide Advt. No. 7/2017 (R&P) in September 2017 in Employment News and ongcindia.com. In the advertisement, it was conveyed that details about the number of posts will be announced at the time of inviting the online applications. Those who have qualified in GATE-2018 for recruitment to the posts notified in the said advertisement need to apply online for the posts in ONGC
|Opening Date for On-Line Applications||16th April’ 18|
|Last Date for On-Line Applications||3rd May’ 18|
|The period for uploading the scanned copies of certificates and
downloading the Interview Call letters
|10th-22nd May 2018|
|Starting of Interviews||28th May 2018|
ONGC invites applications from eligible candidates possessing valid GATE‐2018 Marks through ONGC’s website: http://www.ongcindia.com for posts to be filled as per details are given below:
- Age Limit (As on 01.01.2018) – 30 years
- Age Relaxation:-
a.) OBC – 3 years
b.) SC/ST – 5 years
c.) Ex-Serviceman – 5 years
- Age Relaxation:-
d.) PwD – 10 years
- Application Fee :-
- General/OBC – 299.20/-
- SC/ST/PwD– No Fee
Application Procedure –
- The GATE-2018 Score in the subject mentioned against the posts of ONGC will be considered by ONGC for shortlisting the candidates for the further selection process of Personal Interview as per the criteria decided by the Management.
- Eligible and interested candidates would be required to apply ONLINE ONLY through the link “Online application for recruitment of Graduate Trainees (GT) in Engineering & Geosciences disciplines through GATE-2018” on www.ongcindia.com. No other mode, repeat no other mode, of application, shall be accepted.
- The final merit list shall be prepared based on the weightages assigned to various parameters as follows –
|i.||GATE – 2018 Score||60 Marks|
|iii.||Qualification||25 Marks ( 20 Marks for Essential Qualification & 5 Marks for inline Ph.D.)|
Cut-off – Year 2017 & 2016
ONGC Website Links –
- Detailed Official Notification – http://eapplynew.com/ONGCGT2018/Document/Advertisement.pdf
- ONGC Website – http://www.ongcindia.com
- Apply Online:- Click here