SSC-CGL 2018 Notification
Staff Selection Commission (SSC) will hold the Combined Graduate Level Examination, 2018 for filling up Group “B” and Group “C” posts in various Ministries/ Departments/ Organizations in the Government of India. The Tier-I of CGL Examination in Computer Based Mode is scheduled to be held from 25.07.2018 to 20.08.2018. Final selection through the Combined Graduate Level Examination, 2018 to various posts would be according to the confirmed number of vacancies from the concerned Indenting Ministries/ Departments/ Offices/ Cadres before declaration of result.
|Opening Date for On-Line Applications||5th May’ 18|
|Last Date for On-Line Applications||4th June’ 18 till 17:00 hours|
|Tier- I Examination||To be notified later|
|Tier- II Examination||To be notified later|
|Tier III Examination||To be notified later|
|Tier IV Examination||To be notified later|
Post Details –
Abbreviation used: (i) Nature of Physical Disabilities: OH-Orthopedically Handicapped, OA-One Arm affected, OL-One Leg affected, OAL-One Arm and one Leg affected, BL-Both Legs affected, B-Blind, LV-Low Vision, PD-Partially Deaf, D-Deaf, PB-Partially Blind, HH-Hearing Handicapped.
- Age Limit (As on 30.04.2018) – Different Ages for Different Posts.
- Age Relaxation:-
a.) OBC – 3 years
b.)SC/ST – 5 years
c.) Ex-Serviceman – 3 years
d.) PwD – 10 years
- Age Relaxation:-
- Education Qualification as on 1st August, 2018-
|Name of Post||Eligibility Qualification|
|Assistant Audit Officer/Assistant Accounts Officer||
|Junior Statistical Officer||Bachelor’s Degree in any subject from a recognized University or Institute with at least 60% Marks in Mathematics at 12th standard level
Bachelor’s Degree in any subject with Statistics as one of the subjects at degree level.
|All other Posts||Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized University or equivalent.|
Note: For posts of Assistant Section Officer (CSS), Assistant Section Officer (MEA), Assistant in Serious Fraud Investigation Office (SFIO) under M/o Corporate Affairs, Assistant (GSI) in M/o Mines, Computer Proficiency Test has also been prescribed as an Essential Qualification
- Application Fee :-
- General/OBC – 100/-
- SC/ST/PwD/Female – No Fee
- Fee can be paid through SBI Challan/ SBI Net Banking or by using Visa, MasterCard or Maestro Credit or Debit card. The facility for submission of online application including payment of fee will be available from 05-05-2018 to 04-06-2018 (1700 Hours). However, candidates who wish to make the payment through challan of SBI, may make the payment at designated branches of SBI within the working hours of bank up to 07-06-2018 provided the challan has been generated by them before closing date and time for receipt of applications i.e. 04-06- 2018 (1700 Hours).
Scheme of Examination –
The examination will be conducted in four tiers as indicated below:
Tier – I – Computer Based Examination
Tier – II – Computer Bases Examination
Tier – III – Pen and Paper Mode (Descriptive Paper)
Tier – IV – Computer Proficiency Test/Skill Test (wherever applicable)/Document Verification
Scheme of Tier-I and Tier-II Examinations:
|Tier||Subject||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks||Time Allowed|
For VH/OH – 80 Minutes
|II||Paper I: Quantitative Abilities||100||200||120 Minutes.(for each paper)
For VH/OH – 160 Minutes
|Paper II: English Language and Comprehension||200||200|
|Paper III: Statistics||100||200|
|Paper IV: General Studies (Finance and Economics)||100||200|
Note I: In Tier – I, there3 wil be negative marking of 0.50 for each wrong answer.
Note II: In Tier – II , there will be negative marking of 0.25 for each wrong answer in paper-II and of 0.50 marks for each wrong answer in Paper-I, Paper-III and Paper-IV.
Scheme of Tier-III Examination:
|Scheme of Examination||Maximum Marks||Time Allotted|
|Descriptive Paper in English or Hindi
Writing of Essay/Précis/Letter/Application etc.)
For VH/OH – 80 Minutes
SSC CGL Website Links –
- Detailed Official Notification – http://ssc.nic.in/SSC_WEBSITE_LATEST/notice/notice_pdf/CGLE_Notice_2018_05.05.2018.pdf
- SSC Website – http://ssc.nic.in/
- Corrigendum – http://ssc.nic.in/SSC_WEBSITE_LATEST/notice/notice_pdf/Corrigendum_CGLE_2018_11052018.pdf
- Apply Online:- Click Here